The following is the process for copyright registration :
- Filing an application for copyright over a piece of work by the claimant either by applying it offline in the copyright registrar office or through the online database.
- The copyright application fee is different for different categories of work. For example, the fee for cinematography might be different from a piece of literature.
- Then 30 days of the examination period is given to the registrar so that any objections can be entertained, and the application is reviewed properly.
- If any objection comes out both the parties are informed and the submitted work is reviewed and investigated.
- Based on the investigation by the registrar the application is either accepted or rejected.
- Accepted applications are then registered under the Copyright act and a certificate of copyright is issued.
For any copyright or IP related services, contact us www.bestlegalservices.in